Before you start reading this job description, picture your social media newsfeeds. What type of content do you most frequently engage with? What do you enjoy about it? What do you want to see more of?
In essence, this is the mindset of this role.
NESsT is seeking an individual to join its NESsT Entrepreneur-in-Residence (NESsTER) program to support NESsT’s content development across all of our social media channels and website. The NESsT portfolio is made up of social enterprises across every industry. Our goal is to raise awareness about the value that social entrepreneurship offers across these industries to solve the world’s most pressing problems. Your goal is to create trust through storytelling and inspire people to take action.
The right candidate will be guaranteed hands-on experience working with the global team in a dynamic and growing international organization, as well as an immersion in the field of social enterprise.
The Content and Social Media NESsTER will report to the Business Development Associate. This role will also work closely with team members in offices in Latin America and Central Europe to develop social media posts, blogs and video projects, monitor social media networks for trends and shareable content, and interact with influencers to increase awareness of NESsT.
This is a volunteer-based position located at the Impact Hub in Oakland, California, with a schedule of approximately 10-15 hours per week from September-December 2018, with possible extension into 2019. A stipend is available to cover commuting and meal expenses during the course of the internship.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Write and produce content, blog posts and video projects to promote NESsT’s work with social enterprises and social impact.
- Coordinate with local country team members to produce and/or edit English-language content for NESsT’s global social media channels, website, email newsletters and donor reports.
- Monitor our social media networks for trends, ideas, and sharable content.
- Coordinate communication with guest bloggers.
- Identify and interact with influencers to increase awareness of NESsT.
- You look beyond the likes and take a critical thinking approach, considering, “What does this say about people’s motivations, concerns, dreams?”
- You do not hesitate to share your opinion in a thoughtful manner and ask questions.
- You are curious. If the information is not readily available, you seek it out.
- You are excited to experience what it’s like to work in a dynamic nonprofit environment and deliver quality work.
- You have excellent verbal, written and research skills in English and know how to be an effective communicator among diverse audiences. Bilingual in Spanish, Portuguese or a Central European language (i.e. Polish, Hungarian or Romanian)? Even better!
- You are currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program, pursuing a degree in business, international relations, public policy, communications, marketing, journalism or related field.
NESsT Office at the Impact Hub in Oakland, California
- An average of 10-15 hours per week
- Specific schedule to be set in collaboration with the communication team
- Initial NESsTER term is September-December 2018 with the potential for extension into 2019
Please apply for this position in English via our online application. Application process is open until the position is filled. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
NESsT is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds.