Before you start reading this job description, picture your social media newsfeeds. What type of content do you most frequently engage with? What do you enjoy about it? What do you want to see more of?
In essence, this is the mindset of this role.
NESsT is seeking an individual to join its NESsT Entrepreneur-in-Residence (NESsTER) program to support NESsT’s content development for our Polish social media channels and website. The NESsT portfolio is made up of social enterprises across every industry. Our goal is to raise awareness about the value that social entrepreneurship offers across these industries to solve the world’s most pressing problems. Your goal is to create trust through storytelling and inspire people to take action.
The right candidate will be guaranteed hands-on experience working with the global team in a dynamic and growing international organization, as well as an immersion in the field of social enterprise.
The Content and Social Media NESsTER will report to the NESsT Polish Portfolio Manager. This role will also work closely with team members in offices in USA, Latin America and in other Central Europe countries to monitor social media networks for trends and shareable content, develop social media posts, blogs and video projects, and interact with influencers to increase awareness of NESsT.
This is a volunteer-based remote internship position, with a schedule of approximately 10 hours per week from April-July 2018.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor our social media networks for trends, ideas, and sharable content.
- Write and produce content, blog posts and video projects to promote NESsT’s work with social enterprises and social impact, with special focus on Poland.
- Coordinate with other team members to produce and/or edit Polish- and English-language content for NESsT’s Polish social media channels and website.
- Coordinate communication with guest bloggers.
- You look beyond the likes and take a critical thinking approach, considering, “What does this say about people’s motivations, concerns, dreams?”
- You do not hesitate to share your opinion in a thoughtful manner and ask questions.
- You are curious. If the information is not readily available, you seek it out.
- You are excited to experience what it’s like to work in a dynamic nonprofit environment and deliver quality work.
- You have excellent verbal, written and research skills in Polish and English and know how to be an effective communicator among diverse audiences.
- You are graduate or currently enrolled at university in business, international relations, public policy, communications, marketing, journalism or related field.
Remote internship opportunity
- An average of 10 hours per week
- Specific schedule to be developed with the NESsT Polish Portfolio Manager.
- Initial NESsTER term is April - July 2018.
Please apply for this position in English via our online application - link available below.
In case of questions, please contact Gabriela Cichowicz, NESsT Polish Portfolio Manager: email@example.com.
NESsT is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds.