The Consultant, Portfolio Management will support the Country Director in Brazil with the due diligence process on the NESsT Empowers Project. Specifically, the Consultant will oversee the due diligence of a set of social enterprises, analyzing their financial sustainability and impact potential and proposing investment recommendations for review by the NESsT Investment Committee.
This position will also be responsible for supporting investees, including assisting with validating business models and identifying local co-investors to tailor patient capital investments that can help the investees scale their businesses for greater impact.
The Consultant will report to the Country Director, and will also work closely with the regional team in Latin America and international team members.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducting due diligence, financial modeling and investments for social enterprises in the NESsT Empowers Project in Brazil.
- Supporting the Portfolio Director to develop investment memorandums for presentation to the Investment Committee and structuring the investment.
- Working with the Portfolio Director to provide support on financial aspects of existing portfolio as needed.
- Contract could potentially be extended or expanded to work on other opportunities focusing on business development and financial aspects of social businesses and their investments.
- A bachelor's degree and 5-7 years of progressively responsible experience in strategy and consulting, finance, investment banking, private equity, impact investing or venture capital.
- Strong analytical skills, financial modeling experience and the ability to approach tasks in a highly organized, logical and diligent manner.
- Demonstrated experience in and commitment to social impact. This can include volunteer positions. Experience with social enterprises a plus.
- Experience operating in emerging markets, especially Latin America.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English and Portuguese to be an effective communicator among diverse internal and external audiences.
- Ability to effectively work under pressure, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and produce high-quality work within tight time constraints
- Ability to be flexible, resourceful and innovative in a small, dynamic, nonprofit environment.
- Familiarity and comfort with Microsoft Office and Google Apps.
São Paulo, Brazil
February to May 2018, with an estimated required engagement of 6-8 days per month
Please apply for this position by uploading the following materials in English via our online application.
- Thoughtful cover letter explaining why you're the right fit for this role and your available start date
- Statement on fee requirements.
The application process is open through January 5, 2018 or until the position is filled. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
NESsT is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds.