The Junior Consultant for portfolio management will support the NESsT Team in Latin America with the due diligence and advisory process of candidates for the NESsT Portfolio in Colombia.
The Consultant will be responsible for identifying the potential pipeline of social enterprises, as well as supporting the portfolio of social enterprises in the process of validating their business models.
This role will also include the due diligence process of the candidates to be part of the NESsT Portfolio (strategic analysis, talent evaluation, financial model and social impact), being able to make investment recommendations to the NESsT Investment Committee.
It is expected that the selected professional will contribute in the management of local alliances for the implementation of NESsT programs in the country.
The Consultant will report to the NESsT Director in the Andean Region, and will work in close collaboration with the team in Peru and the members of the global team.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct the due diligence process of social enterprises at an early stage, emphasizing the business model, financial analysis and social impact.
- Build the investment memoranda to be presented to the NESsT Investment Committee.
- Work with the Director of the Andean Region and the team in Peru in the management and consolidation of partnerships in Colombia.
- Professional degree in business administration, finance or related profession, with a minimum experience of 4 years in strategy and consulting, finance, investment banking, impact investment or entrepreneurial capital investment.
- Experience in financial analysis and financial modelling is a plus.
- Proven experience and commitment to social impact. This may include volunteer activities. The experience with social enterprises is a plus.
- Experience operating in emerging markets, especially in Latin America.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English and Spanish with the ability to be an effective communicator to various internal and external audiences.
- Experience and comfort with networking activities.
- Ability to manage diverse tasks simultaneously and produce high quality work within time constraints.
- Ability to be flexible, resourceful and innovative in a small, dynamic and non-profit environment.
- Familiarity and comfort with Microsoft Office and Google Apps.
Six months with possibilities of extension
The application process is open until the position is filled. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
NESsT is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds.