In this course nonprofit executives and board members develop a summary business plan for launching their self-financing ventures. The business plan methodology from the private sector is adapted to the needs of the nonprofit sector to arrive at a plan that strengthens organizations’ mission and programs while charting a clear path toward self-financing implementation.
Who should register?
This course is for nonprofit organizations with self-financing ventures already operating, that need a robust business strategy and actionable plan to grow revenues and impact.
What You’ll Do:
- Engage in critical elements of business plan development
- Identify a business model that converts customer interest into self-financing revenues
- Develop long-term financial projections
- Analyze the social impact of the self-financing venture on the overall organization
- Evaluate potential risks to the venture and organization; develop solutions to mitigate those risks
- Feasibility study
- Financial plan with break-even point
Two hours per week of webinar instruction with NESsT trainers. An additional two hours to complete assignments for your organization. You will need a computer that allows you to join the online webinars and access your assignments.
Contact Nathalie Figueroa at nfigueroa[at]nesst.org for questions about Profits for Nonprofits.
Nonprofit leaders will be able to register for free on-demand courses and higher level paid courses beginning in May.
Participants can also sign up for individual coaching packages from our top experts.
- Week 1: Self-financing product definition and customer benefits
- Week 2: Business model and market analysis of the self-financing venture
- Week 3: Marketing, sales and branding specific to nonprofit self-financing
- Week 4: Operational needs and team composition
- Week 5: Financial needs and projections for the self-financing venture
- Week 6: Social impact assessment and measurement
Click here for a description of courses available.