In this course nonprofit executives and board members test and validate the viability of their business concept. Participants develop a Minimum Viable Product and identify an initial set of potential customers.
Who should register?
This course is for nonprofit organizations with existing self-financing business concepts that still need to demonstrate the marketability of their potential venture.
What You’ll Do:
- Engage in product validation processes
- Develop a Minimum Viable Product and validate it with “real” customers
- Conduct an initial analysis of potential revenue and costs of the self-financing venture
- Link the self-financing venture with the organization’s overall mission
- Feasibility study
- Preliminary financial assessment with break-even point
Two hours per week of webinar instruction with NESsT trainers. An additional two hours to complete assignments for your organization. You will need a computer that allows you to join the online webinars and access your assignments.
Contact Nathalie Figueroa at nfigueroa[at]nesst.org for questions about Profits for Nonprofits.
Nonprofit leaders will be able to register for free on-demand courses and higher level paid courses beginning in May.
Participants can also sign up for individual coaching packages from our top experts.
- Week 1: Business concept testing and validation
- Week 2: Develop minimum viable self-financing product
- Week 3: Validate product with early-adopter customers (in the nonprofit or for-profit sectors)
- Week 4: Identify the self-financing product’s costs and break-even point
- Week 5: Assess the potential social impact of the self-financing venture
- Week 6: Design an implementation plan and risk mitigation plan
Click here for a description of courses available.