In this course, nonprofit executives and board members assess their “readiness” to engage in self-financing; identify and select ideas that can generate new sources of income; and develop a business concept for their self-financing venture.
Who should register?
This course is for nonprofit organizations that have limited experience with self-financing, and that can benefit from a structured approach to identify a business concept.
What You’ll Do:
- Explore different models of self-financing in the nonprofit sector
- Assess organizational readiness and capacity to conduct a self-financing activity
- Identify a set of potential self-financing ideas and select those that that are most appropriate
- Develop a business concept that will increase financial sustainability and impact
- Organizational readiness and capacity assessment
- Document outlining business concept
Two hours per week of webinar instruction with NESsT trainers. An additional two hours to complete assignments for your organization. You will need a computer that allows you to join the online webinars and access your assignments.
Contact Nathalie Figueroa at nfigueroa[at]nesst.org for questions about Profits for Nonprofits.
Nonprofit leaders will be able to register for free on-demand courses and higher level paid courses beginning in May.
Participants can also sign up for individual coaching packages from our top experts.
- Week 1: Assess organizational readiness and set goals for self-financing
- Week 2: Generate business ideas, and select best option
- Week 3: Define the self-financing product and its benefits
- Week 4: Identify who will buy the self-financing product and why
- Week 5: Determine how the self-financing product will be priced, marketed and sold
- Week 6: Assess the competitors (for-profit companies or other nonprofit organizations)
Click here for a description of courses available.