On May 31, 2012, NESsT organized the first Social Enterprise Day in Croatia, hosted by the Zagreb School of Economics and Management. The event enjoyed the generous support of Embassy of the Netherlands in Croatia.
Social enterprises are businesses aiming at solving critical social problems in a sustainable manner. They provide marginal communities with access to labor inclusion and employment, access to basic health care, and they address important environmental challenges. In this context, NESsT is organized the first Social Enterprise Day in Croatia. The event brought together leaders from the social enterprise field, from the government, philanthropy, business and the nonprofit sectors to celebrate social enterprise and to create an enabling environment that fosters social enterprise. Social Enterprise Day 2012 highlighted a panel of speakers on social enterprise best-practices in local markets and will include practical workshops on different strategic aspects of running a social enterprise. The participants also had the chance to visit a Social Enterprise Marketplace where they could purchase the products developed from the efforts of local social enterprises.
The program of the day included the Social Enterprise Awards, which were given to the two NESsT Croatia Social Enterprise Competition winners, Mali zeleni & Biševo and SUNCE Association. Mali zeleni & Biševo is a NESsT Enterprise which offers accommodation in eco-shelters incorporated into the Mediterranean environment and untouched nature as well as service of meals and visits to local sights. SUNCE is a NESsT Enterprise that provides education services to students on sustainable development, environmental and nature protection through workshops in nature called “Green trips”, in cooperation with travel agencies.
We warmly congratulate the two winners and we wish them sustainable success! We also want to thank all the participants and all our partners the energy, ideas and generous support of which made Social Enterprise Day Croatia 2012 possible. See you at Social Enterprise Day 2013!
More photos: here
Download Center : Presentations
- Roxana Damaschin-Țecu, NESsT: Growing Social Enterprises to Solve Critical Social Problems
- Eva Varga, NESsT: Increasing Impact. NESsT’s Approach to Managing Social Impact
- Eva Varga, NESsT: EU Funding for Social Enterprise: A Mixed Blessing?
- Andreja Rosandić, NESsT Croatia: Rast društvenih poduzeća za rješavanje kritičnih društvenih problema
- Gregor Sakovic, Dobra Borza: Socialno poduzetništvo SLO
- Vanja Frajtic, World Bank: Promoting Sustainable Community-Based Assistance for the Socially Deprived
- Tina Lee Odinsky-Zec, ZSEM
- Tijana Bogdanović, RODA: Udruga Roda – alati za uspjeh